21 November 2005

The Yema Saga

I didn't want it to turn into a three-ring circus but it seems that's how it's going to be. Aside from my post and Marketman's, a few bloggers have begun to weigh in the issue too. There are angry comments on both our blogs.

What complicates everything is that the author has come out in public and admitted what he did without apologising for the wrongdoing. He thinks it's a slight oversight on his part and people are castigating him for using the pictures without permission. He seems to not have an idea that what he did was stealing. That's one thing. As I said on my post, if he asked my permission, I wouldn't have given it to him knowing he'll be using my picture for a contest that assumes the submissions are original. That's another.

The editor replied to my e-mail. I wonder if she was being sarcastic. Hmmm...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home