12 August 2004

Basic Arrabbiata Sauce

Here’s making good my promise to post simple recipes this week. Here’s the initial offering. This spicy pasta sauce is an excellent option when vegetarian guests are expected. It also goes well with meat dishes such as fried chicken or barbeque. Served with a tossed green salad and some red wine, it makes for a simple yet elegant meal. However, this may not sit well with children. In that case, instead of chillies, substitute with a cup of capsicum (bell pepper) strips or a cup of finely minced anchovies (I use our native dried dilis, crushed with a mortar and pestle or ground with a food processor). If using anchovies, vegetarians can still partake of it but strict vegans will not.

The complete write-up, recipe and comments have been moved to my food blog, The Pilgrim’s Pots and Pans. Clicking on the links will take you there. Thanks for visiting!

    שּׁלוס

1 Comments:

At 1:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crikey! One minute I'm searching the web for things on salmon, and the next I'm reading Basic Arrabbiata Sauce. I'm not sure that's exactlly what I had in mind, Karen, but I've enjoyed my visit. Now I'm off to try another search on salmon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home